Sunday, June 29, 2014

Life on The Screened Porch

Here Greetings from the screened on porch!  Phoebe and I have enjoyed quite a bit of time out here this weekend.
It has been overcast, so the temperature has been perfect.  

I was able to complete a shawl I have been working on for quite awhile.  And even though I was getting a bit burnt out on it, once I finished I was glad I kept pushing on.

What do you think?  It is such squishy yarn.  I didn't realize how big it would work up once I started.  I do like the pattern.  I does have short rows in it, but they really aren't too bad and they just make the shape come out perfectly.  You can find the pattern at 
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lina-5  It is a free ravelry download.  


Here is the back.  I love how this yarn stripes.  For anyone interested, I used a size 4 circular needle and the yarn is Lion Brand Tween Stripes, Mixed Berry.  I used almost five skeins.



I think this would also be a great party to use up all those scraps!!!  And you could easily work it up and stockinet the stitch as well.  


I leave you now with wishes for a good week!!  We are in the midst of summer here!!  Phoebe is enjoying it so far!

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! Phoebe is so cute!

deebriese said...

Love that shawl I so enjoy seeing your porch. I love mine but its like a thousand degrees on it lately. Your dog is so sweet

Mereknits said...

Your porch looks so inviting and of course Phoebe is adorable. Love your new shawl, and the beautiful red/white checkered crochet blanket on your wicker loveseat.
Hugs to you and have a happy week,
Meredith

Sam I Am...... said...

Lovely porch and shawl...both! How's the leg doing? Are you healed? I have to catch up and read backwards. Does Phoebe like the heat? My little dachsund loves to sit in the sun and she's black! Go figure and in the winter she has to have a blanket at night or she gets so cold.

Kris said...

The shawl is gorgeous! And your spot on the porch....PERFECT!!!
xo Kris

Vegan Recipes said...

Thhanks for writing