Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas Slow Down

Well, finally, I finished up my shawl!!!  Once I got past Christmas, I drug this out and finished it up.

 Isn't it beautiful!!  That Miss Babs yarn is da bomb!!! 
 Here is a littlel closeup.  This pattern is super easy!  I like the texture, and I love the little lace stitch in it!
Check it out wrapped around my neck!!!  Doesn't it bring out my blue eyes!!!  Those wanting the pattern, you can find it here.  It's called La La's Simple Shawl by Laura Linneman.  She has a lot of nice patterns available on Ravelry!  The yarn is from Miss Babs, and is Yowsa What a Skein, in the color of Crimson Fronted Barbet.


 The Last Little Angel of Christmas

Adorable or what???  I wanted a new angel for my Christmas tree this year, and of course, I wanted to crochet her.  After surfing ravelry looking at patterns and projects I decided to do my own thang...and this is what I came up with.  I knew I had to use this silver novelty yarn in her.  It worked perfectly!
 Look at that hair!  I put it in one strand at a time, and didn't stop until I had it nice and thick.  It was pretty simple, just took a little bit of time. 
 Yes, she has a nose and little ears!  Easy to make.  I simply double knotted my white yarn, and then with a needle pulled both ends through her head, the knots made perfectly shaped ears and noses!
 The little gold collar contrasts perfectly with the silver trim. 
 One has little laced ballet slippers.  Due to the lack of time, I didn't get to work on these as much as I would have liked to.  I can see all kinds of variations for her.  She does have wings, but are just hard to see from the front. 
Bye for now!

8 comments:

Panhandle Jane said...

I love the yarn and that shawl. Very attractive!

Hazel said...

Absolutely adore your new shawl. I must have a look at it and see how difficult it is. Your angel is cute too. xx

Unknown said...

que bonito!!!!!

Melissa said...

Love them all! Can't wait to see them up close!!

Maria said...

Lovely shawl and gorgeous angel!!

Devon said...

wow that shawl is beautiful..and those are adorable angels..hope the new year brings you lots of yarn and beautiful projects..Happy New Year..

μπλεγμένο κουβάρι said...

Many wishes for a Happy New Year!

tintocktap said...

Gorgeous shawl - love the yarn too! Happy 2012!