Sunday, November 6, 2011

Baby Owlies!

 
 Baby Owlies!!  Aren't they cute???  My hubs actually asked me, why don't you make some baby ones?  I said, OK, and just look.  They are so cute I can't stand it!

So my goal this week is to get as many of these done as I can.  My craft show is next weekend and I think these will be a hit. 

Here is a small group of them.  They look at home in the leaves and the trees.  I think I can honestly say that I have enjoyed making these as much as I have snowmen. 
It's an instant smile! 
I have the pattern roughed out for these, needs some serious tweaking and pictures before it's ready, but you can be looking for it in the next couple weeks. 


 This brisk fall air has got me in the best mood ever.  I just love it.  The house is all cozied up with fall decorations, afghans on the beds and sofas, candles...it just doesn't get better. 

I'm off to put a couple baked potatoes on for supper and crochet up some more owlie babies...y'all have a good week!


16 comments:

carina said...

owls again!!!!!oh my -- these ones are soooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Now you have gone and done it... Babies... just the cutest...gotta love you hubby for that idea.

Caroline said...

Can't wait for the pattern!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, my goodness, I just hit the see next blog button and up pops your blog. It's love at first sight! I love your little dog! I have a little dog named Bear! And I love your owls, but made out of yarn are just too cute! I like to crochet and wanted to start sewing some owls, but never thought of yarn. Your stuff is so great. I just recently started my own blog. Please come see, over at Little Susie Home Maker. I need visits!
But mostly want you to know I want to follow your blog, because it is very nice.
Hugs,
Susie

annemarie said...

So cute - am excited for the pattern.

ullaskovjensen said...

Oh, the pattern would be nice. They are just cute. I want to make some for my grandchild. He will be born this christmas :-) And he needs something to look on, and I think he will be clever as well...

Mereknits said...

They are the cutest.
Meredith

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

These owls look so great in their natural habitat.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Awwww this so super cute. :)

Melissa said...

They are too cute! Love them. You'll have to let me know where the show is so I can come embarrass...I mean support you :)

Blueberry Junkie said...

Your owls are so adorable!! Great job!

Pixie said...

Oh i just love em all......cute, cute, cute.....your gonna sell out of these lovelies within the first few minutes i bet.
Pixie

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

I love them soooo much!! I want to make lots and lots too!!! xoRobin❤

Marion Starr said...

Dawn, these owls are just the most fabulous creations! Will the pattern be available soon?

http://aussieknittingthreads.blogspot.com/
Sydney, Australia

c-ing said...

Fantastic photos of the owls. Seeing them in the forest among the leaves was beautiful.What type of camera do you use?

Unknown said...

Believe it or not I use an old Olympus I bought off of ebay for $60! It's only a 3.6 px, but it takes great pictures!