Monday, October 24, 2011

Zig-Zags and Laughter

Scrap Happy Zig-Zag Blanket done!!  I finished it while at SAFF this weekend (which was a blast - see below!)  I can't tell you how much fun this was to work on.  There were a good amount of ends to weave in, but it was so worth it!!!!
What do you think???  Definite keeper!!
Phoebe totally approves!!

This weekend was SAFF, so our group of girlz piled up in the truck and headed to Asheville for a weekend of yarn, food, and fun!!  I have never laughed so much in my life!!!!
First off, the fall color was amazing!!  How perfect!  This year about ten of us rented a cabin on Swannanoa Mountain. 
Just look at the view!!!!  The air was crisp and cold in the morning and evenings, while the days warmed up, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
You can shop til you want to drop...then find a seat and put your feet up and knit awhile!!  
My girl Mel scarfed up these cute little sock monkeys. 
How cute is this!!!  Annie couldn't resist it.
I'm still drooling over this.
Peace!
These girls are a hoot!!
Monkey enjoying some McDonald's fries!
I came home with this cool Lantern Moon bag full of yarn!
Some beautiful hand dyed!

So now that I'm home I am off the entire week, and have plans to just lay back and enjoy the time off.  And of course, do a little knitting and crochet!

Everyone have a great week!

16 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! Great afghan! I love the colors and pattern--what's not to love?!!

Holly said...

I agree with Mindy - it looks great! Can't wait to try this pattern out myself (someday) LOL

deebriese said...

Blanket is gorgeous! Looks like you had a great time!

Melissa said...

I'm ready to go back!!! Had the best time with you roomie!

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

That ziz-zag blanket is fabulous.

Mereknits said...

Wow, that looks like a ton of fun. My best friend lives in Franklin, NC and she has discussed this wonderful festival. I am hoping to be there in a year or two. Glad you had fun.
Meredith

Heather - The Good Life said...

Your blanket is gorgeous and your girls weekend looks like a lot of fun. :-)

Maria said...

The rug is magnificent! You certainly came home with some gorgeous yarns too!!

Lorena (sonido retro UK) said...

It is sooooo lovely! he is a lucky dog!
Regards, Lorena

Lorena (sonido retro UK) said...

It is sooooo lovely! he is a lucky dog!
Regards, Lorena

Leah said...

Your blanket is amazing! That looks like a really tricky stitch pattern. Have a fab week.

Julie said...

I keep coming back and looking at your zig zag blanket. And your dog. Just lovely.

Colleen said...

LOVE the scrap blanket!!! What fun you had with friends :)

brokeintrovert said...

Wonderful afghan!

Tanya said...

That zig zag afghan is the prettiest thing I've seen today. LOVE it!

Sandycroche said...

coucou mille bravos pour tout vos ouvrages
c'est coloré vitaminé joyeux gai
quel est le point de la couverture, merci à bientôt
Sandy