Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Rambling


Yes, I did start another diva scarf...I couldn't help it. I love the pattern and it is so much fun to work on. This time in bold graphic black & white with some reds and grays mixed in. I think it will be a beauty when I get it done.

I am making it wider so it can be worn as a wrap as well as a scarf. I'll keep you all posted on my progress as I knit this up. Why is it we do not have time for all we like to do!? I have crochet projects on my list that I want to get to...and I am so hooked on this knit scarf I can't seem to get enough of it!

I love Sunday mornings. I always get up early to take care of Phoebe, then I settle down with some tea and whatever I am working on. If I am really lucky I can score a good black & white movie on TCM...this morning was just one of those. A great movie with Gary Cooper in it! Sucked me right in.

My weekend has been packed with activity. Yesterday I planted some ornamental gourd seeds! I cannot wait to see them sprout up. My dad came over and tilled up a small flower bed for me to do this. I also got a elephant ear bulb in the ground. Next week I will add some flowers. I am just too low on time to get that done and the back yard has to be mowed today. The weather is perfect and I am going to take the opportunity to get a little sun as I mow!

I will leave you with a picture of the back deck. I have to daily clean the coating of pollen off everything, but that's okay!
Sunday Morning Back Porch
Yes, I have it decked out with some granny square action, too!!! And my shirret rug, which took me hours and hours of work! But it feels so good under my feet. I have a friend who will not step on it, she says it's too pretty to walk on!

Sunday Morning Back Porch
It's like being in a tree house!

Back Update: I am doing so much better! I had my epidural steroid shot on Monday...slept most of the day away...but I felt the immediate effect! I am back to my active self with very little hip/back pain! Yay!!! I just hope it lasts awhile!

4 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

the scarf is lovely, but I must say that I love the picture of you deck, it seems so inviting.
Absolutely love that rug, that is actually on my to-do list, I want to make it with t-shirt yarn... just need to find time for it...

~Molly~ said...

I want to make a rug from t-shirts too! I just found your blog(can't recall where I was when I surfed though) and LOVE it!! After my grandmother died, I inherited her hooks and pattern books(mostly afghans and doilies) and was determined to learn how to crochet. It took a while, I'm left handed and an auditory learner, but I finally got it. Now I can't stop! I'm not so good at knitting but I'd really like to be.

Your blog is just cute, and so is that pupperdog!

Molly

JrzyGirlPhotography said...

Beautiful scarf! And porch!! LOVE that porch!

Insensata! by Laura Sners said...

I fell in love with your deck! AND THAT WIEW!!! you lucky girl!

by the way... the rug is great too! I want to make one of those myself, but here and now, winter is coming and I'm afraid it must wait!