Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Love Me Some Grannies

I think this is the reason I was taught to crochet! To make these grannies! This is my Vanna's Choice project that I hope to enter into her contest. I love her yarn! The colors are great and it's nice and soft. I have four more squares to go, then I will block them and assemble them. I have plenty of yarn, so this is going to make a nice size throw for the sofa! I'm thinking if I can just get my Christmas Tree down and put away, I can focus on this and get it done within the week!I wonder if there are others out there that are as nuts about crocheting grannies as I am! I think these traditional grannies have so much creative potential! I have always liked graphic things, and of course color, and this kind of satisfies both of those. The blanket is mostly in warm tones of reds, oranges and browns, and I have added a splash of blue for contrast, and cream to give it some sparkle.

So, I know I am going to have some leftover yarn when I finish this up, so what should I do with my scraps? Maybe a scarf?? Maybe. But once I finish this up I need to get to work on my crochet class project. Then it will be February! I know this year has just started, but it's already flying!

I have always been envious of those who could write a to do list and actually get those things on the list done! I don't have any of that in me....I don't operate that way. It makes it too much like work!

5 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

I love granny squares too!!!
The colors you chose are so beautiful together!
I think they would be great in a scarf, also it would be quick enough to submit to the contest.

Anonymous said...

I've loved granny squares for years! I don't know how I ran across your blog but I stayed because I love that you love granny squares. Your colors a beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I've loved granny squares for years! I don't know how I ran across your blog but I stayed because I love that you love granny squares. Your colors are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yes we are out here (us granny square lovers. I am in Sweden for example. Love your blogg and your work.

Unknown said...

I am happy to see others out there with the same love for the granny as I do!!! I think our Grandmothers would be very proud of us all!!